to 40% OFF
Clerical Job Interviews
Head Clerk & Secretary
Review the description. A number of the underlined keywords
have links to interview questions for that keyword or job function.
Description: Under general
supervision, performs confidential clerical and administrative work of moderate
difficulty in the office of the Bureau of Internal Investigations. Oversees all
administrative functions related to the efficient operation of the office; performs all secretarial duties including typing, filing, preparing
agendas for meetings, directives, confidential reports and unit activities; arranges appointments and meetings, maintains
files, and performs related duties as required.
- How does your experience and training qualifiy you for this
Focus on the aspects of your experience and any formal or on-the-job training
that apply to this position.
- You've been asked to set up and coordinate a meeting.
What actions will you take?
Among other things, the time, place, agenda, and attendees.
- Give us an example of your ability to work with confidential
Information that may be considered as confidential include personnel documents
and investigations or financial reports?
- What are the different means by which documents may be filed?
A couple are chronological and subject.
- During lunch, you are alone in the office. A distraught
person comes in and wants to talk to someone in charge. How will you handle this
A good place to start is to find out what the problem is. This is another
variation of the "irate customer question".
- Your boss is on vacation. An employee from another
section comes in and requests a file from your boss' desk. What will your do?
Who is the person (supervisor or clerk?) and what information are they
- Do you have anything to add?
Emphasize your qualifications as they apply to this job. Also cover
anything you missed from your opening.